Operations Support Specialist
The Operations Support Specialist plays a key role in the operations team supporting data management, client reporting, trade processes, and problem resolution. This person will work closely with the VP of Trading and Operations and Client Services Manager to ensure integrity of the data systems. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Support Specialist will focus on maintaining portfolio accounting and trading systems (Harmony, SVC, SSCNET etc.) and interface with all areas of the firm. The primary daily duties will include:
➢ Perform daily account electronic reconciliation of systems to custodial records.
➢ Resolve trade settlement issues on a prompt basis to ensure compliance with NI-24-101. Exceptions reporting to be submitted to necessary regulator on a quarterly basis.
➢ Ensure daily prices and FX rates are updated across the security universe. Price the ones that are missing. Setup securities and use Bloomberg to gather relevant information.
➢ Create and verify client statements against custodial and address any errors or omissions.
➢ Run performance on a monthly basis and help devise processes and procedures for getting firm GIPS compliant.
➢ Identify the need to promote workflow/system efficiency across operations and trading.
➢ Other duties as assigned that enhance operational process efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and/or working towards an accounting designation.
• A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel; Basic VB, Bloomberg knowledge preferred.
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn and adapt to change.
• Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
This is a 6-month contract position which will be reviewed at month 4 for possible extension.
Please send in your resume to the attention of Tricia Matheson at firstname.lastname@example.org.