Bilingual Portfolio Manager Assistant
This role requires a French/English competency. Consistently provide superior quality sales & fulfillment support to Liberty clients with the objective of exceeding customer expectations. Accountable for and executing on all aspects of client account administration. Seeks, recognizes, and acts upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients.
- Client & Relationship Management
- Administrative/Sales Support
- Team Participation
- Risk Management
Client & Relationship Management
- Provide a superior level of courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and professional service to all existing and potential clients relating to investment management services
- Take ownership of client inquiries/concerns/complaints, ensuring timely resolution
- Develop rapport and instill confidence with the client in order to develop credibility as a representative of Liberty
- Assist in preparing new business proposals as required
- Assist the Portfolio Managers in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of Liberty operations and services provided
- Perform required client service support activities to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels
- Monitor cash management reporting – payments into and out of accounts
- Ensure the proper adherence to account administration and maintenance
- Identify opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses
- Recognize potential new business opportunities and refer/discuss them with the Portfolio Manager.
- Undertake other administrative responsibilities (including performance reporting, compliance, monitoring trade activity, and other related functions/duties)
- Provide after sales support and handle exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiently.
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives of varying scope and responsibility
- Participate in team meetings and conference calls as applicable
- Take initiative, be accountable, and work in a team-orientated environment
- Cross train with other individuals within support team to ensure coverage and consistency is maintained at all times. Share knowledge with team members.
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of Liberty Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Liberty risk policy
- Protect Liberty by adhering, as appropriate, to all Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, guidelines and established risk guidelines
- Participate in audits and compliance reviews as assigned
- Accountable for monitoring the integrity of account documentation.
- Identify and escalate all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Participate in client presentations as requested
- Support others during peak periods and shortages
- Project support/coordination
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, customer service and technology
- Mentor new employees
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
- Working knowledge of Investment Management Industry
- Investment industry experience (1-4 years)
- Canadian Securities Course
- Enrolled in CIM and/or CFA is a definite asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Exceptional Communication skills -French/English
- Able to multi-task
- Able to handle high pressure situations with tight turnaround
- Organization skills
- Knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Portfolio Management Systems, and CRM databases)
- Ability to deal with complex, controversial, and sensitive Investment Management issues
- Open to change and act as a change agent for new initiatives
- Demonstrated history of responsiveness and problem-solving capabilities
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.