Asset Management in Canada Tailored to You
At Liberty International we believe it is a huge privilege to manage the financial affairs of our clients. We love what we do and can’t imagine doing anything else. We’ve spent our careers evaluating the investment landscape to bring greater value to our clients, yet we understand that real success comes from a true partnership with you.
We don’t act as authority figures or make rules for our clients to follow. Instead, we cultivate relationships based on mutual respect and trust. We take the time to educate our clients, so they become better investors over time. Our investment philosophy is based on our six pillars of asset management which forms the backbone of our investment approach and separates us from the competition.
Our Six Pillars of Asset Management:
- We invest in businesses that generate strong, annual free cash flows. This translates to financial flexibility, which leads to higher dividends that provide income to stay ahead of inflation.
- We are long-term investors (10-20 year holding). We invest in businesses. We don’t trade stock prices.
- We provide relevant benchmarks so you can gauge your investment performance.
- We understand that no two investors are alike. Therefore, our portfolios are not based on basic “one-size-fits-all” models but are instead designed to fulfill each individual investor’s needs.
[tab title=”Lower Fees”]
- We believe one of the best ways to improve your investment results is through lower fees.
- Our annual portfolio turnover is less than 10% per year. This keeps transaction costs to a minimum and puts more money in your pocket.
- We’re here to teach. We believe that the more you understand about your investments, the better our relationship will be.
- Our quarterly newsletter contains straightforward insight and advice in regular English. We won’t talk down to you or try to use industry jargon to confuse you.
- Same-day responses by phone or e-mail.
- 24-hour access by phone. We even provide our home phone numbers for off-hours discussions.
- Semi-annual reviews either face-to-face or by Skype or telephone.
- E-mail alerts when a stock is fully added or deleted from a portfolio and why it has been done.
- Deal directly with the decision-maker, not a sales representative.
- All financial transactions flow through National Bank Independant Network (NBIN). Cheques are payable to National Bank, not to Liberty. This prevents any embezzlement efforts by any Liberty employee.
- All fees and relevant costs are shown in our disclosure documents.
- We do not partake in soft dollar transactions with other brokers or investment firms.
- We do not pay referral fees to third parties.
- We do not take a spread on foreign exchange transactions.
- We do not use hedging strategies of any kind. Currency risk is managed naturally by owning multiple currencies.
- We purchase only vanilla stocks, bonds and preferred shares. We do not invest in any financial products such as mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, pooled funds, private equity investments or hedge funds.
- All trades are done in one bulk trade for clients who receive the same price. If a trade is only partially filled, clients will receive an equal, pro rata share of that trade.
Want to learn more about our investment strategies?
Check Out Our Approach to Managing Your Wealth